Contract TypeFull Time
Reporting ToInvestment & Design Planning Lead
We are looking for a motivated individual with strong engineering design skills and experience of electrical power networks to join our team of electrical planning engineers responsible for developing the islands electricity grid. Energy is evolving and Guernsey Electricity is at the forefront of modernising the electricity system to ensure it remains fit for the future. We want you to join us in reaching these goals
- Support in the assessment and forecasting of electrical demand for the island and the subsequent requirement for development and enhancement of the power network
- Design and specify electrical schemes for the development and enhancement of the island’s power infrastructure.
- Undertake optioneering and value engineering to establish design solutions that optimise cost, risk and performance
- To plan and initiate electrical distribution projects that may be initiated by customer enquiries or be driven by system development needs including preparation of capital budget proposals and high-level project programmes.
- To develop power systems design tools to carry out detailed design and modelling of the electrical networks.
- To maintain excellent relations with project managers, consultants, contractors, developers and client to ensure customer satisfaction and success project outcomes. To ensure that network design schemes comply with relevant regulations, laws, codes of practice and company policies
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Strong academic background, with an Honours degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or equivalent
- Previous experience in power and design engineering is essential, particularly ENA ER G81
- Experience of distributed power generation schemes and their integration into power networks would be beneficial
- A proven track record in project planning and delivery is beneficial
- Demonstrates a current knowledge of the functional structure of Guernsey Electricity, its mission, objectives, strategies, and critical success factors
- Being able to work in a small team, often under own initiative