Contract TypeFull Time
Reporting ToLead Electrical Engineer
To undertake a wide range of inspection, repair, maintenance and modification work on generation plant and systems associated with the powers station. Work as required on any area of the Power Station site, including generation halls, auxiliary plant rooms, fuel tanks and other associated systems. Work on any of the Company’s plant at off-site locations as required from time to time. Work is frequently associated with hazardous plant or in a hazardous environment.
- To carry out inspection, repairs, maintenance and modification work to mechanical generating plant, high speed turbo machinery and associated auxiliary plant, with the objective of ensuring reliability and availability of the plant for electricity generation.
- To perform overhaul work on major plant and associated auxiliaries, requiring significant strip down of generating plant, within time and budget.
- To provide emergency repairs in the event of generating plant failure, including out-of-hours’ work to ensure plant availability.
- To undertake the above works to a high standard with the care and quality expected of a skilled craftsperson.
- To work on systems often of a hazardous nature and in hazardous environments with due regard to all aspects of safety.
- To produce clear and concise reports on all maintenance and repair activities.
- To take responsibility for the on-site supervision of allocated subcontractors, less experienced craftsmen and assistants.
- To operate a variety of machine tools, both of fixed and portable nature.
- Be aware of and comply with local legislation, specifically related to Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Data Protection.
- Such other duties as may be allocated and interchange of duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Must be a skilled mechanical fitter, having served a recognised apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering or a similar mechanical trade, and having several years specific experience of plant of similar nature to the company’s generating plant
- The ability to interpret and apply information contained on drawings and in manuals
- The ability to report on the work which they have undertaken in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be certified as a ‘Competent Person’ under the Company E&M Safety Rules