Contract TypeFull Time
Reporting ToLead Electrical Engineer
To undertake electrical inspection, repair and maintenance work as directed, on HV and LV electrical plant, cabling and control systems.
- Undertake fault finding and corrects defects on electrical plant and equipment to ensure reliable operation.
- Carry out work associated with the installation of new plant and modifications to existing plant to improve performance
- To undertake the above works to a high standard with the care and quality expected of a skilled craftsperson.
- To produce clear and concise reports on all maintenance and repair activities using the relevant IT systems.
- Make minor purchases of materials as required to facilitate work.
- Accept formal safety documents and charge of working parties for specific tasks and ensures safe working practice is adhered to.
- Instruct and train apprentices in current work practices.
- To understand and comply with local legislation, specifically related to Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Data Protection.
- Such other duties as may be allocated and interchange of duties as required
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Must have served a recognised Apprenticeship, hold a City & Guilds ‘B’ certificates or equivalent, and demonstrated aptitude for practical technical work.
- Will be required to obtain specialist skills, usually from manufacturers, on a particular type of equipment
- Must be certified as ‘Competent Person’ within the Company E&M Safety Rules