Contract TypeContract / Temp
Reporting ToSenior Mechanical Fitter
To assist the PowerStation maintenance staff with the maintenance of the generation plant and equipment. To carry out a range of labouring and operational duties around the Power Station sites in order to maintain cleanliness, hygiene and safe working conditions.
To provide operational support to the shift teams during periods of high generation activity or cover. Works as required around the Power Station site, in generator halls and other hazardous areas. The post-holder is occasionally required to assist outside normal working hours and during plant maintenance emergencies. May also be required to support Shift Operators and the Operations Engineers during emergencies.
- To carry out general labouring duties to assist with the maintenance and operation requirements of the section.
- Assists the Mechanical Fitter in carrying out routine maintenance and overhaul work on a wide variety of plant thereby reducing the outage time to a minimum.
- To perform general housekeeping duties around the Power Station site in order to maintain clean and safe working conditions.
- To undertake the internal cleaning of engines and the cleaning of engine parts in the workshop as required by the maintenance procedures.
- To undertake a variety of work of a semi-skilled nature, sometimes working with minimal supervision, to allow Engineers and Technicians to respond to emergencies.
- To assist with the routine shift operations procedures as required by operational demands on the Generation Plant.
- Such other duties as may be allocated, and interchange of duties as required
- Be aware of and comply with local legislation, specifically related to Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Data Protection.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- The post-holder requires no specific qualifications but must have an ability to understand mechanical maintenance activities
- The post-holder will require a basic knowledge of safe working practices and power station systems
- The post-holder must be able to use hand and power tools and have the ability to carry out basic machining operations