Contract TypeFull Time
Reporting ToLead Electrical Engineer
To assist in the objective of maximum availability, and safe operation of all power station plant and equipment, and to carry out inspection, fault finding and repair work on generation electrical plant and equipment. The Electrical Engineer has responsibility for ensuring the safe, reliable and correct function of Power Station electrical and control systems. The position is responsible for supervision of maintenance fitting staff and contractors and dealing with specific engineering systems challenges. The role has a high level of safety responsibility and is often closely involved in operational work in the context of understanding issues and ensuring the correct operation of the plant. The post holder is liable to be called in to the power station out of hours on an emergency basis from time to time.
- To investigate and carry out fault finding, technical repairs and maintenance of power station electrical plant and equipment and control systems to ensure high reliability.
- To assist with the delivery of small and medium size projects in association with the Asset Management section as may be required. This may include commissioning new equipment in accordance with safe procedures.
- Supervises internal and contractor staff on specific maintenance or project work to ensure a high standard of work and that safe working practice is adhered to.
- Carry out High and Medium voltage switching and make safe plant and apparatus in accordance with the Electrical & Mechanical Safety Rules.
- To assist in the compilation of budgets and monitor expenditure, including the approval of invoices, to ensure efficiency targets are met.
- To maintain records of maintenance work using the relevant IT systems.
- Be aware of and comply with local legislation, specifically related to Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Data Protection.
- Such other duties as may be allocated, and interchange of duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Minimum formal qualification HNC in electrical and electronics and/or control systems engineering or equivalent by experience
- An in-depth knowledge and experience of electrical plant and control systems is required