Contract TypeContract / Temp
Reporting ToPMO Team Lead
To provide Project Management support across the organisation, assistant with the successful delivery of projects and programmes as required
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of projects as directed, as project leader or as part of a larger project delivery team.
- Manage specific plant development projects in order to maintain or develop the operational effectiveness of GEL infrastructure.
- Responsible for the management of contractors employed on projects ensuring that compliance with GEL policies and procedures is maintained.
- Maintain an understanding and up to date knowledge of the progress of GEL projects across the entire portfolio and escalate any issues or risks to the portfolio to the Portfolio Management Office Manager.
- Ensure portfolio progress is reported regularly, consistently, accurately and in a manner to suit each interested party throughout the business.
- Ensure that all business projects follow the defined process for delivery, management and governance and that all deliverables and gateways are approved by an appropriate level within the organisation.
- Ensure that all projects are initiated correctly and have clear requirements and goals from the outset
- To implement GEL’s project management standards and processes, where appropriate in accordance with GEL project and risk management policies.
- Ensure H&S issues on projects are appropriately resourced.
- Be aware of and comply with local legislation, specifically related to Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Data Protection
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Proven track record of project delivery within a defined framework (essential).
- Good knowledge of Project Management techniques and procedures including risk and issue assessment, planning and financial controls (essential).
- A qualified practitioner in Prince2 project management or equivalent (desirable).
- Good project management skills, able to multi task and manage conflicting priorities, used to working under pressure and to deadlines (essential).
- Working knowledge and understanding of commercial and contractual issues (desirable).
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders (essential).