Contract TypeFull Time
To lead the mechanical element of the Generation Maintenance team to ensure that the objectives of optimal availability and safe operation of all power station plant are met with the planned delivery of quality and timely mechanical maintenance services.
- To lead, supervise and review the work of a team of skilled and semi-skilled labour to ensure timely and efficient response to planned maintenance, unplanned and emergency repair work and general site tidiness.
- To ensure work of the team and contractors is up to standard.
- Ensure that complete operational activities are planned to ensure reliable and efficient operation of plant and equipment.
- Ensure that the asset management system is updated with quality maintenance records.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with safe working practices to minimise the risk of harm to employees, including carrying out safety checks and ensuring risk assessments are completed.
- Arrange out of hours work and ensuring sufficient cover by the maintenance team in close liaison with the Lead Operations Engineer and Shift Engineers
- Liaise with insurers and other inspection bodies to ensure all equipment is maintained and inspected in accordance with statutory requirements and company policy, including Safety Critical Equipment
- Manage performance and disciplinary matters associated with the team, including, but not limited to, performance management, absence/attendance management and development objectives to create a high performing team.
- Provide engineering support and guidance to the mechanical fitting team.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- A minimum of 10 year related operational experience in the power industry or similar environment including at least five years at a supervisory level
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Considerable knowledge of the operation and maintenance of high-pressure boilers, electrical generating equipment and related mechanical plant in a power plant or equivalent environment.
- Authorised Person under the Electrical and Mechanical Safety Rules
- Excellent people management skills and experience, engaging and motivating people at all levels.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to manage and operate effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to interact with numerous internal and external stakeholders and departments.