Contract TypeContract / Temp
Reporting ToPMO Team Lead
The Project Support Officer (PSO) will work as part of the Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Team which provides the resources to support the delivery of projects and programmes across the organisation.
The purpose of a PSO is to improve the planning and delivery of projects by collecting, maintaining and reporting data in a consistent form.
The post-holder will support Project Managers by providing a co-ordination function and the administrative support required to plan and deliver projects. There are many aspects to this key role including project planning, budget management, stakeholder management and communications as well as risk and issue tracking, all of which are vital to eventual successful delivery.
- Support Project Manager(s) in the ongoing development and implementation of appropriate processes, tools, templates and technologies to support the delivery of projects.
- Provide secretariat support including co-ordination of meetings, collation of meeting papers, taking minutes at Project meetings, distributing information thereafter in a timely and efficient manner and maintaining the online project system and project communication media.
- Co-ordination of the project team and contractor resource ensuring that they are deployed and their travel and expenses are managed accordingly.
- Maintain an awareness and up to date knowledge of the progress of GEL projects across the entire portfolio and to assist with Stakeholder Management and Communication.
- Ensure that projects follow the defined process for delivery, management and governance and that all deliverables and gateways follow the agreed Portfolio processes and to champion GEL’s standards and processes with regard to
- Project management;
- Document management and filing; and
- Risk, Issue and Change Management.
6. Be aware of and comply with local legislation, specifically related to Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Data Protection.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Proactive with good organisational skills and capabilities with the ability to self-motivate and multi-task whilst managing conflicting priorities or when working to deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and take minutes.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships and work as part of a team.
- Disciplined in information gathering and collation and following procedures with attention to detail and the ability to identify information or situations requiring escalation.
- Intermediate to advanced IT skills and demonstrable use of Microsoft Office products particularly MS Excel, MS Word. Experience of using MS Project or similar would be an advantage.
- Understanding of the project lifecycle and an awareness of Project Management principles and techniques. Prince 2 Foundation/Practitioner or equivalent would be advantageous although training will be given to the right candidate.