Contract TypeContract / Temp
Reporting ToInstallation & Facilities Lead
To install and maintain electrical energy meters at customer installations across the island of Guernsey. The work is normally carried out in customer premises in accordance with set Safety rules and procedures. The post holder must be able to deal with the customers in a polite and effective manner.
- To install energy metering equipment including single, polyphaser, CT and summation metering equipment and to ensure that the installation is fit for purpose.
- To modify electronic pre-payment equipment when required to specific installation instructions.
- To ensure compliance with Guernsey Electricity safety rules while working on live equipment.
- To investigate and report fraudulent activity when visiting customers premises.
- To install, maintain, test and repair electrical systems in industrial, commercial and domestic premises.
- To install, maintain and repair electric heating and control systems.
- To test new and existing installations and produce test certification as required by the IET and NICEIC.
- To promote the company and all its service offerings and provide customer with advice on the systems installed and how to operate in an efficient way.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Good practical skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and processes accurately.
- A commitment to H&S and the ability to complete risk assessments.
- Reliable and hardworking.
- An ability to interact with our Customer and Colleagues while demonstrating a professional outlook.
- A positive attitude towards learning new skills